Accepting a second job on EAD

Durham, NC |

Hi, I am currently on H1B visa and my 485 is pending. I have got my EAD. My workload is very low and one of my old clients want my help for few months. So I am planning to forfeit my H1B and use my EAD so that I can accept the second job. I just want to know if it is legal to work for two employers (one of the employers is the GC sponsor) while on EAD. If so, do I need to file AC21 or any other type paperwork.

Thanks in advance.

It is legal. There is no paperwork required. But if you don't work for your sponsoring employer full-time, you may encounter problems in obtaining a green card. Everything else being equal, I would retain my H-1B.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Giving up your H-1B will severely limit your options if USCIS denies the I-485.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.