Accepting a second job on EAD

Asked almost 2 years ago - Durham, NC

Hi, I am currently on H1B visa and my 485 is pending. I have got my EAD. My workload is very low and one of my old clients want my help for few months. So I am planning to forfeit my H1B and use my EAD so that I can accept the second job. I just want to know if it is legal to work for two employers (one of the employers is the GC sponsor) while on EAD. If so, do I need to file AC21 or any other type paperwork.

Thanks in advance.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

12

1

Answered . It is legal. There is no paperwork required. But if you don't work for your sponsoring employer full-time, you may encounter problems in obtaining a green card. Everything else being equal, I would retain my H-1B.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Giving up your H-1B will severely limit your options if USCIS denies the I-485.