AC21 portability without job description

Miami, FL |

I would like to do AC21 portability but just know the job title and the Salary on the PERM. I do not know the job description as my employer does not want to share the PERM with me.

my question:
1) can I do AC21 with the limited information I have
2) is there a way I can obtain a copy of PERM other than FOIA as I heard FOIA takes about couple of months and I am in desperate need to change jobs

And you do not know what your duties were?

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

1) You should not. After you port, USCIS could issue a RFE which might ask you to submit the copy of the job offer letter.
2)FOIA is the way to go.

If your attorney represent you and the company for the PERM and I-140 process, the I-140 file also belongs to you. You can check the rules of professional conduct in the state where the attorney practice with regard to client property and retention of files. A bar complaint may well get the file released.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.

Recommended articles about Employment