AC21 portability without job description

Asked over 2 years ago - Miami, FL

I would like to do AC21 portability but just know the job title and the Salary on the PERM. I do not know the job description as my employer does not want to share the PERM with me.

my question:
1) can I do AC21 with the limited information I have
2) is there a way I can obtain a copy of PERM other than FOIA as I heard FOIA takes about couple of months and I am in desperate need to change jobs


Attorney answers (2)

  1. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . And you do not know what your duties were?

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  2. Gen Kimura

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . 1) You should not. After you port, USCIS could issue a RFE which might ask you to submit the copy of the job offer letter.
    2)FOIA is the way to go.

    If your attorney represent you and the company for the PERM and I-140 process, the I-140 file also belongs to you. You can check the rules of professional conduct in the state where the attorney practice with regard to client property and retention of files. A bar complaint may well get the file released.

    This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,895 answers this week

3,195 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,895 answers this week

3,195 attorneys answering