Skip to main content

Absolute sobriety ticket (WI), clean record, blew .04. Should I get an attorney?

New London, WI |

Ticket shows fine and points off license but no suspended license? The officer told me to show up to court and ask to get reduced to underage. I would be more than happy with community service/class. I just have no idea how to request that? I'm going to school for education and need a clean record.

Attorney Answers 2


This violation does carry a suspension. Showing up to court and getting it amended to an underage possession or consumption eliminates the mandatory 90 day suspension associated with the original charge, but does not eliminate the possibility of a suspension altogether.

Consult a local attorney in your area regarding possible diversion programs, or other options for avoiding conviction altogether. Good luck.

This answer is provided for general information only. No legal advice can be given without a consult as to the specifics of the case.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree

1 comment

Michael D. Petersen

Michael D. Petersen


I agree. I would recommend you contact a local attorney to keep it off your record. It may be possible to amend the charge, but that is up to the discretion of the prosecutor and the permission of the court. Your driving and/or drinking record and age may matter as well.


I agree with my WI colleague. In CA a minor with alcohol would get their license suspended for one year. Get an attorney.

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics