About the pretrial diversion program?

Decatur, GA |

I got a citation for following too closely from police. After waiting on the court for 2 hours, DA suggested me to do this pre trial diversion program to get rid of my records. I have to complete 16 hours of community service and complete a $65 me and my driving program.

My question is where can I take the 6 hour driving courses? Online or do they have any specific assignment to me?

1. Usually you have to attend one in person. If you Google state certified driving schools you should be able to find one close to you with a schedule that fits yours.

James L. Yeargan, Jr. is licensed to practice law in the State of Georgia. All information given is based only on Georgia law, and is not directly applicable to any other jurisdictions, states, or districts. Any answer given assumes the person who asked the question holds a Georgia Drivers License, and this license is not a commercial drivers license (CDL). This response, or any response, is not legal advice. This response, or any response, does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information. Any state specific concerns should be directed to an attorney who is licensed to practice law in that respective state.

2. The Courts should have a list and so should the DA's Office. If you check on the web, make sure that it is a court-apporved program. You normally do not take them online and need to take them in person, as they might actually have you drive and will test you at the end. They can't tell if you are cheating if you do it online.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice.

Traffic tickets topics