Skip to main content

About renew employment authorization Card?

Uncasville, CT |

I applied to renew my employment authorization card on April 22nd. And so far, I didn't get my card yet, checked online case status is in initial review. And My employment authorization card is expired on June 29th. So I can't work any longer. I have asylum case with me, so the asylum case's judge didn't stop my asylum case and he just hold on my case postponed, so I have hearing in Oct. for my asylum case. But at the same time, my husband, who is U.S. citizen, filed the I-130 for me. And the I-130 didn't get result yet, we were told by them the I-130 is during back ground check. I was told by my lawyer that I might get denied to get renewing my working permit of asylum case, because of I-130, So I'd like to know there is any way I could apply working permit without the I-130 approved?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


CIS has 90 days to process. If on day 90 you don't get the card, make an InfoPass appointment.

Next time file 100 days before expiration and you won't have this problem.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- -- -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


From 4/22, its not 90 days yet. Its usually take 90-100 days. After 90 days, if it does not get approved, set up INFO Pass appointment for status of your work permit approval.

Madhu Kalra Kalra Law Firm 23720 Arlington Avenue, Ste 5 Torrance, Ca 90501 (310) 325-9012


You need to wait for the EAD to get approved.

Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only and not to be construed as legal advice.


I don't see any reason why filing an I-130 would cause a denial of a work authorization based on asylum, and I do not believe that this is the law.

The above is not legal advice. It is general information. I only give legal advice to those who have a retainer agreement with me. You may also seek further information on my website -

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer