About n400 decision yet to me maid

Hello My wife went to citizenship interview few days back and every thing went well but at the end they asked my wife to submit her last 5 year trips to other coutries and also copies of stamping on passport she has been out of country for long time will there be any problem to make a decision on her n400 file ? And also they asked to submit her recent marriage certificate aswell . Please let me know what are the chances she can get citizenship . Any help will be appreciated.

Houston, TX -

Find Out More

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

yes, if long time included at least one trip of longer than 180 days in the last 4 years and one day, her N400 will be denied.

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Immigration Attorney - Outing, MN

You haven't given us many facts to go on.

One big problem I see is that "she has been out of country for long time" ... if any trip was for more than 180 days ... she has problems.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

Depends on whether those trips disqualify her.

The Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit recently stated: "The Immigration and Nationality Act is a bit of a beast. It is not known for being warm or cuddly; words like "intricate" and "Byzantine" come more readily to mind. Nor is it known for being easy to understand; we have often re-marked on its fiendish complexity."

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.