About medical malpractice

Hi, I'm sixteen years old and live in Ohio. About two years ago, I had surgery to have a tooth extracted, and during the procedure the doctor had cut my lip in half. I have pictures of the my lip after I woke up, and still have visible scarring. Would I be able to sue for medical malpractice?

Columbiana, OH -

Joseph Jonathan Brophy

Joseph Jonathan Brophy

Medical Malpractice Attorney - White Plains, NY

You are a minor. You need to discuss with your parent or guardian whether they are willing to represent you in a lawsuit. You can't bring a lawsuit in your own name until you are of legal age, probably 18.

Kevin Coluccio

Kevin Coluccio

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Seattle, WA

You should discuss the matter with your parents and contact a local malpractice attorney. Do this as soon as possible as there is a statute of limitation that applies to these types of cases.

George Costas Andriotis

George Costas Andriotis

Personal Injury Lawyer - Tarpon Springs, FL

You would definitely have a case if the Statute of Limitations hasn't passed in OH for you to bring one. Shack with a local attorney immediately to get the necessary paperwork in if there's still time. Good Luck.

Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Medical Malpractice Attorney - Philadelphia, PA

Have your parents retain a local malpractice lawyer to investigate.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
Jeffrey Allan Leikin

Jeffrey Allan Leikin

Medical Malpractice Attorney - Cleveland, OH

Yes. Would be happy to discuss with you. Please call at 216-621-2300. I have handled many cases in Columbia County.

Cassandra Ann Rodriguez

Cassandra Ann Rodriguez

Immigration Attorney - Fairfield, OH

Thats terrible! Your parents should chk w a malpractice atty asap.