Skip to main content

About medical malpractice

Columbiana, OH |

Hi, I'm sixteen years old and live in Ohio. About two years ago, I had surgery to have a tooth extracted, and during the procedure the doctor had cut my lip in half. I have pictures of the my lip after I woke up, and still have visible scarring. Would I be able to sue for medical malpractice?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


You would definitely have a case if the Statute of Limitations hasn't passed in OH for you to bring one. Shack with a local attorney immediately to get the necessary paperwork in if there's still time. Good Luck.

George Costas Andriotis

George Costas Andriotis


You'll need to bring a parent or guardian with you so that they can file suit on your behalf as you are a minor.

Michael Lewis Eisner

Michael Lewis Eisner


Statute of limitations in Ohio is 1 year for medical malpractice. It will begin to run on the minors 18 birthday.


You are a minor. You need to discuss with your parent or guardian whether they are willing to represent you in a lawsuit. You can't bring a lawsuit in your own name until you are of legal age, probably 18.

Any opinions stated in response to Avvo questions are based upon the facts stated in the question. Responses to Avvo questions are for general information purposes only, and should not be construed or relied upon as legal advice.


You should discuss the matter with your parents and contact a local malpractice attorney. Do this as soon as possible as there is a statute of limitation that applies to these types of cases.


Yes. Would be happy to discuss with you. Please call at 216-621-2300. I have handled many cases in Columbia County.


Have your parents retain a local malpractice lawyer to investigate.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


Thats terrible! Your parents should chk w a malpractice atty asap.

This answer is for general information only and is not intended as legal advice regarding your specific situation. In order to assess your legal matter properly and obtain legal advice, you must contact an attorney directly. Provision of this general information does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer