About medical malpractice

Asked over 1 year ago - Columbiana, OH

Hi, I'm sixteen years old and live in Ohio. About two years ago, I had surgery to have a tooth extracted, and during the procedure the doctor had cut my lip in half. I have pictures of the my lip after I woke up, and still have visible scarring. Would I be able to sue for medical malpractice?

1. Joseph Jonathan Brophy

6

Answered . You are a minor. You need to discuss with your parent or guardian whether they are willing to represent you in a lawsuit. You can't bring a lawsuit in your own name until you are of legal age, probably 18.

2. Kevin Coluccio

5

Answered . You should discuss the matter with your parents and contact a local malpractice attorney. Do this as soon as possible as there is a statute of limitation that applies to these types of cases.

3. George Costas Andriotis

4

Answered . You would definitely have a case if the Statute of Limitations hasn't passed in OH for you to bring one. Shack with a local attorney immediately to get the necessary paperwork in if there's still time. Good Luck.

Pro

4

Answered . Have your parents retain a local malpractice lawyer to investigate.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  5. Jeffrey Allan Leikin

2

Answered . Yes. Would be happy to discuss with you. Please call at 216-621-2300. I have handled many cases in Columbia County.

6. Cassandra Ann Rodriguez

Pro

2

Answered . Thats terrible! Your parents should chk w a malpractice atty asap.