About immigration

sir.. my name is sam ... i have a question.. me and my family settled in USA since 2005 our status is political assylum,, we cannot go back to our country but 2 years ago my grand mother was so sick she sad i wana see my son(my father) before i die... then my father and mother went back to country they had just travel documents no green card... my parents stay there almost 6 months that time my parents travel documents was expired... then i re apply for travel doocuments then immigration was asking about biometric my parents was not here thats my we ignore that latter ... now what we need to do i have a green card my father status can effect my green card? plzzz tell me the better way i am in trouble

Birmingham, AL -

Kyndra L. Mulder

Kyndra L. Mulder

Immigration Attorney - Jacksonville, FL

Consult with an experienced immigration attorney who is going to need to get specific information from you and a more clear picture of the situation.
you may also want to make an info pass appointment at the USCIS and ask a officer. USCIS.gov

Kristina A. Gasson

Kristina A. Gasson

Immigration Attorney - Medford, MA

Your parents' immigration status will have no effect on your ability to stay in the U.S. Since you are a green card holder, the only way you will lose it is if you spend excessive time outside the U.S. or commit a crime that makes you deportable. Your parents may have issues coming back to the U.S., however. You may want to consider naturalizing and becoming a U.S. citizen.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

I agree with attorney Mulder.

Related Advice