About how much would i spend to bring my boyfriend to the United States?

Asked over 2 years ago - Columbia, SC

I want to marry my boyfriend not only because we're expecting a baby but because I love him so much and i just want him here with our baby. i've been in a virtual relationship with him for two years. We're trying to get a budget on how much money we would spend from filing for the visa fiance to the permanent residence and work permit.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . It is not the amount of money that is truly important in this case, it is a necessity to select the right attorney for this particular project, who is diligent, competent and professional.
    I suggest meeting with an immigration counselor in Columbia, South Carolina to discuss the case on hand in minute detail. At that time, you will have a better idea of the fee range.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general... more
  2. Richard Irving Fleischer

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . It is confusing in that you say that you are having a baby yet you are in a virtual relationship with him for two years. how can this be his baby?

    fiance visa requires that you have met with him within the last two years. If visa is issued then he comes to US and you marry him within 90 days, then he files to adjust his status for green card.

    USCIS has its fees and a lawyer has his/her fees. Lawyers charge different fees, there is no set fee.

  3. Linda Yin Liang

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . If you can get online asking the question, you must have access to Internet. www.uscis.gov has all the answers related to fees for you. Good luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

19,504 answers this week

2,556 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

19,504 answers this week

2,556 attorneys answering