About how much does a criminal defense lawyer for a felony charge cost?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Marietta, GA

I have a friend who is in jail for a felony charge of obstruction to justice. He has been in there almost 2 months now and isn't scheduled to appear in court until january. He is a very good person and at the time he was arrested he was in college and working, however his past has caught up with him. Knowing this my father is willing to pay for a lawyer. He wants to know a reasonable price from this type of case.

1. George F. Mccranie IV

Pro

1

Answered . I don't practice in Marietta so this is general advise on attorney fees. The old saying, "you get what you pay for" is often true when retaining a professional in any area. If you have heart problems your first choice probably should not be the cheapest cardiologist in the phone book. The same often holds true for attorneys. I would recommend that he consider retaining the most experienced and highly qualified criminal defense attorney that his budget allows. I hope this is helpful. Good Luck.

2. Michael Jason Rhoades

1

Answered . I practice in Cobb County and would be happy to speak with you about your friend's charge to see what we might be able to work out. Depending on his history and the specifics of his situation, I can try to keep things as inexpensive as possible.

Regards,

M. Jason Rhoades

3. A James Rockefeller

1

Answered . Can't really answer you on this one. If the case is uncomplicated, even though a felony, maybe a few thousand dollars to as much as $10K or more. If you need a referral, let me know.

4. Christine C McCall

Pro

1

Answered . The cost depends on the case -- how complicated is it, what is the defense objective, what kind of evidence, and any number of other factors that cannot be determined except by consultation with an attorney who is experienced enough to understand the case.