About health care

Hi I'm new immigrant working for hotel, but they don't have a health insurance.Is it better to work for companies, which offers health insurance or to look for insurance companies outside the company? Are they treats same? Since I have watched the Michael Moore's "Sicko" I started thinking about it. (Because I'm having pain under my stomach. Thanks for your help

Orlando, FL -

Find Out More

Heather Morcroft

Heather Morcroft

Family Law Attorney - Winter Park, FL

There are all kinds of different health insurance, and you have to pick what works best for you. Most people who have insurance available through their employer take advantage of that option as it is usually, but not always, better insurance for less money. Also, employer provided health care plans sometimes provide tax benefits also. You need to get information on plans that are available and compare them.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******
Brett Miles Bressler

Brett Miles Bressler

Wrongful Death Attorney - Winter Park, FL

You are very smart to be thinking about this important topic. You can obtain your own private insurance. Try to find a well known company such as Blue Cross Blue Shield, United Health Care, Aetna, Cigna, and avoid major medical policies that provide minimal coverage. I have Blue Cross Blue Shield and BCBS has retail locations which are convenient. Being insured is very important in this country. Good luck!

Daniel Patrick Hanlon

Daniel Patrick Hanlon

Immigration Attorney - Pasadena, CA

If you are in pain, you should go to an emergency room for treatment.