About green card

Asked over 4 years ago - Finland, MN

I have a Crane card and my husband has set up Venlndep and I want to drag my husband to me to America, I am now in Finland 7 months Does this affect on my return Please help me

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Nikiki Tavia Bogle

    Contributor Level 12
    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . I need more information to answer your question. Do you have a Green Card? If so, green card holders are not allowed to stay outside the U.S. more than 6 months at a time. Otherwise, it could be construed that you abandoned your permanent residence.

    You can return to the U.S., but probably should apply for a re-entry permit.

    Our law firm handles successful immigration petitions. Contact our law firm for a confidential consultation.

    Good luck!

    Nikiki T. Bogle, Esq.

    Immigration Legal Team
    Bogle & Chang LLC
    Phone: (800) 342-1733 ext. 101
    Email: ntb@boglechang.com
    Website: www.immigrationlegalteam.com
    Serving Clients in All 50 States and Foreign Countries

  2. Ekaette Patty-Anne Eddings

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Not unless you have abandoned your residency.
    It is best to contact an immigration lawyer for a discussion prior to your return.
    If you went for a particular purpose with a set date of termination you should be able to return as an LPR.
    You are welcome to contact me via the link provided below.
    Safe trip.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,983 answers this week

3,394 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,983 answers this week

3,394 attorneys answering