About filing I130 for my new husband

Asked 4 months ago - Baltimore, MD

I was a wife of an asylum approved husband and I got my LPR (green card) status being derivative asylee . I was divorce with my above mention husband and its been a year. I am sure that I have found a love of my life and want to get married with him. Do I still need to provide the evidence that shows the good faith of marriage to my ex husband to immigration officer even if I got my LPR being a derivative asylee ( i was married to my ex before he files asylum).

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

19

Answered . Yes, if the USCIS request proof of the bona fides of your former marriage, you should be prepared to provide this.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

Answered . But of course. You will always need to be ready to address these issues if raised by the Government. That is not to say you have to volunteer when the Government is no raising them.

3. Kamal Nawash

1

Answered . You are expected to show good faith in every case you have with immigration.

4. Guerline Ladouceur-Laurore

Pro

Answered . You do not need to show that if you have a permanent green card now. But know that it will take a while for the love of your life to get his green card.