About filing I130 for my new husband

Baltimore, MD |

I was a wife of an asylum approved husband and I got my LPR (green card) status being derivative asylee . I was divorce with my above mention husband and its been a year. I am sure that I have found a love of my life and want to get married with him. Do I still need to provide the evidence that shows the good faith of marriage to my ex husband to immigration officer even if I got my LPR being a derivative asylee ( i was married to my ex before he files asylum).

You do not need to show that if you have a permanent green card now. But know that it will take a while for the love of your life to get his green card.

This answer is not intended to replace a consultation with an attorney and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not contact me expecting additional free advice. If you contact me privately, I will email you an invoice for a consultation and will advise you only after the invoice is paid. Thank you.

But of course. You will always need to be ready to address these issues if raised by the Government. That is not to say you have to volunteer when the Government is no raising them.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Yes, if the USCIS request proof of the bona fides of your former marriage, you should be prepared to provide this.

Mr. Shusterman's (former INS Trial Attorney, 1976-82) response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

You are expected to show good faith in every case you have with immigration.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics

Recommended articles about Form I-130 (alien relative)