Skip to main content

About family base petition in f3 category

Detroit, MI |
Filed under: Green cards Family law

hello sir/madam,
My mother(and father as spouse with her) has got green card through petition filed with F4 category before one year.
Now she is not willing to settle down in usa right now as she has back pain problem and undergoing treatment for that.
So she is thinking of resubmitting her green card back now.
and there is another petition file by my grand father on behalf of my mother in F3 category.
After resubmitting her green card back
Will she eligible for getting visa at the time of availability of visa number with petition filed in F3 category?
If she will be ok that time and willing to go there.

could you please help me.
If you can help for me about this than i will call you.
please tell me is it possible or not?

thanking you very much.

awaiting for your reply.


have a good day.

Attorney Answers 1


Good afternoon,
I am sorry to hear about your mother's health condition. I would suggest that she speak with an immigration attorney regarding the possibility of filing an application with the government for a re-entry permit. If she is planning on living overseas for a temporary period of time (which could even be as long as a year), she could obtain permission to remain abroad without losing her current resident ("green card") status.

All the best,

Renata Calderaro, Esq.

The Calderaro Law Group
12550 Biscayne Boulevard
Suite 800
Miami, Florida 33181
305-938-8391 Telephone
305-938-8392 Fax
212-335-4920 Venezuela

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

Family law topics

Recommended articles about Family law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics