About DUI

Macon, GA |

Upon my arest back in sept , that night I was so injured after being stop , which I was taken to the hospital & when done was released to my dad with tickets can't afford an attorney my husband & I are seperated for a while now because of back surgery serious one would I be able to retain a court appoitmented attorney even with his income still don't have the money to hire , I believe I'd be a fool to do this on my own , since I was in police custody can I use that as a defense I was only told I fell on my face which ended with a face fracture & brain injury , plus I have copd which require meds & oxygen at night , if I got jail time would they give my meds that I need still on pain meds for my back & start physcail therapy in jan it's been over 10 years since my last priors ,plz help

Without legal training and experience handling DUI cases in general, you are correct in believing it would be foolish to represent yourself in this matter.....

The information is provided for general purposes only and should not be relied upon. You are advised to consult with an attorney of your choosing, who can advise you on the particular facts and options in your case. No attorney-client relationship is intended or formed absent you executing a signed fee agreement. P. Darrell Kimbrell is licensed to practice law in the State of Georgia. Information provided is based only on Georgia law, and is not directly applicable to any other jurisdictions, states, or districts. This response, or any response, is not legal advice nor does such response create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information. Any state specific concerns should be directed to an attorney who is licensed to practice law in that respective state.

2. Yes and yes.

James L. Yeargan, Jr. is licensed to practice law in the State of Georgia. All information given is based only on Georgia law, and is not directly applicable to any other jurisdictions, states, or districts. Any answer given assumes the person who asked the question holds a Georgia Drivers License, and this license is not a commercial drivers license (CDL). This response, or any response, is not legal advice. This response, or any response, does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information. Any state specific concerns should be directed to an attorney who is licensed to practice law in that respective state.

3. Are you saying you were injured after you were arrested but you don't know how you were injured?
    There must be a police report thst documents what happened and where you were injured.

DUI topics