About DS-260 Online form + Civil Documents

Asked over 1 year ago - Seattle, WA

Dear All
My spouse is filling online form DS 260 , he is in ethiopia. My question how can he send civil documents to NVC? Should he scan and send by email?
Waiting your reply Soon.
Many Thanks in Advance

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Read the instructions closely. Sometimes they request originals ... sometimes they don't.

    He can send the documents to you, and you and you can forward them for him.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  2. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . The form's instructions will tell you which, if any, documents can be sent electronically and which must be originals.

    This posting is for informational purposes only. It is not legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client... more
  3. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It depends on whether the specific consulate accepts electronic processing or not. If electronic processing is an option you should be able to scan and submit the required documents to the NVC via email. If you do so, all future correspondence will be by email and not by paper or regular mail.

    Not all consulates are eligible for electronic processing, and in that situation you will be required to submit the documents directly to the NVC by mail. Be very careful mailing original documents, you should always mail them by certified mail return receipt requested to ensure they were properly received by the NVC.

    This answer should not prevent you from speaking to a lawyer and disclosing all facts about your case.... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Family based green card

Citizens and permanent residents may sponsor their relatives for permanent residence in the United States.

Danielle Nelisse

Green Card Marriage Interview

The immigration interview husbands and wives are required to attend in order to get the foreign spouse their green card (lawful permanent residence) through marriage can be very anxiety... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

34,415 answers this week

3,768 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

34,415 answers this week

3,768 attorneys answering