About DS-260 Online form + Civil Documents

Seattle, WA |

Dear All
My spouse is filling online form DS 260 , he is in ethiopia. My question how can he send civil documents to NVC? Should he scan and send by email?
Waiting your reply Soon.
Many Thanks in Advance

Read the instructions closely. Sometimes they request originals ... sometimes they don't.

He can send the documents to you, and you and you can forward them for him.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

It depends on whether the specific consulate accepts electronic processing or not. If electronic processing is an option you should be able to scan and submit the required documents to the NVC via email. If you do so, all future correspondence will be by email and not by paper or regular mail.

Not all consulates are eligible for electronic processing, and in that situation you will be required to submit the documents directly to the NVC by mail. Be very careful mailing original documents, you should always mail them by certified mail return receipt requested to ensure they were properly received by the NVC.

This answer should not prevent you from speaking to a lawyer and disclosing all facts about your case. Additionally, it should not prevent you from filing to see if you are eligible. Please seek an attorney for an initial consultation to review all the specific facts of your case.

The form's instructions will tell you which, if any, documents can be sent electronically and which must be originals.

This posting is for informational purposes only. It is not legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. For more information, please visit

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics

Recommended articles about Form I-130 (alien relative)