About crossing border for Canada to the u.s too get married too american

Asked about 1 year ago - Olive Branch, MS

well my question is when your going the border too cross what do you tell them so dont make you look like doing anything bad

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

Pro

4

Answered . I am totally confused as to what you are asking about.

2. Jay Gairson

3

Answered . You tell them the truth, anything short of that may be a material misrepresentation and could result in your permanent (but waivable) inadmissibility to the United States. However, they may deny your entry for immigrant intent. You will have to show you are planning to return to Canada after marrying, with the intent of filing an alien relative petition and consular processing thereafter.

To do it properly, if you intend to stay post-marriage, you should apply for a fianceé visa before entering the U.S.

Consult with an attorney for more options and information.

3. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . To enter the US to get married to a US citizen, the US citizen must first petition you for a K-1 visa and you must obtain that visa.

4. Herman Singh Dhade

1

Answered . I am both a Canadian Attorney and an American attorney. I practice in both countries. To answer your question better, I need more information. Are you a Canadian citizen? Would you like to reside in the United States or just go there to get married? I look forward to hearing from you.