About an affidavit of support

Brooklyn, NY |

I already posted this question but the answer I got was not helpful at all. I am petitioning for my husband and step-son and I have to file an affidavit of support. I have filed taxes with my father for the past couple of years and my father is in the process of petitioning for my grandmother. My dad used his taxes and a sponsor when he filed the affidavit. Will it affect my grandmother's case if I use the same Federal tax return papers?

That depends on the taxable income reported and the side of the household as well as the number of preciously sponsored immigrants. Visit and find form I864. It contains income requirements based on household size. When calculating the total number of people, do not forget to count the grandmother in.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Tax law topics

Recommended articles about Tax law