About a month ago I fell from a broken chair at a bar. I have nothing broken but I'm still in pain, what can I do?

Asked about 2 years ago - New York, NY

I have seen doctors and they recommend give it another month. They recommended yoga, the hotel refuses to pay. They so far have paid for some doctors. I have had to pay from my pocket and they take almost a month to reimburse me.

1. Michael J Palumbo

Pro

10

1

Answered . Yoga? What kind of doctor is that? You need a neurological consultation, orthopedic consultation, and MRI's at this point to make a clinical or differential diagnoses of your condition and come up with a proper treatment modality.

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

6

Answered . There are several issues here. First, in order to sucessfully sue you need to prove the bar/hotel had notice that the chair was in dangerous conditon. Second, it sounds like the bar/hotel has medical pay insurance which means it will pay your medical bills up to the policy limit regardless of whether it was negligent. However, I have never heard of yoga as a medical treatment. Ask the adjuster about the medical pay provision.

3. John Gus Zgourides

7

1

Answered . Follow doctors' instructions and hire a local personal injury lawyer ASAP. Stop talking to the hotel and its claims people.

4. Steven Mark Sweat

5

Answered . You don't need Yoga, you need to consult one or more specialists to get the bottom of your medical issues and you need to retain an attorney in NY regarding a potential negligence claim against the bar owner.

5. David Alan Wolf

5

Answered . The four basic elements of a case are as follows: 1. Duty; 2. Breach of Duty; 3. Causation; and 4. Damages. The chair was broken. The hotel had a duty to provide safe and well maintained furniture for use of its invitees. Whether this duty was breached will depend on how long the chair was broken, what time of chair was in use, and the knowledge of the hotel and its staff. Damages refer to the injuries suffered. While some injury victims do engage in stretching, exercise, and yoga for therapy ----- it is best to treat with a qualified doctor with training in the area of traumatic injury like an orthopedist, neurologist, or pain management doctor.