Abandon property possession question

Kissimmee, FL |
Filed under: Residential property

I would like to know if it's possible to take over an abandon property, move in, clean and fix it up and live in it and if the owners never return could i have it deeded in my name? I see so many and most but not all were left from the hurricanes in 04 and some decades before that. I have building skills and could fix just about anything and would love a place I can call home and don't mind putting as much sweat into as it would take in-order to put a claim on it, and sense nobody seems to want it anymore is there some kind of law that would allow me to do this! . Thanks everyone!

I think you already know the answer to that question.

If I knew the answer i would have not asked the question!

I'm also referring to old run down dumps out in the middle of no where that have been left for 15-30 years. Roof caved in floors need to be replaced ect ect ect!

Adverse possession. However, I would highly not recommend it nor do I represent anyone in any adverse possession claims. You could be arrested for trespassing, breaking and entering, etc. before the seven years it takes to satisfy the adverse possession requirements. Offices: Tampa

This answer is for general informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Please contact a licensed attorney in your state of residence. For more information on our services, please visit our website at

Recommended articles about Real estate