Skip to main content

A woman has taken in an incompetent elderly victim, that I have P.O.A. 4.Adult P.S. do nothing. She is taking ALL of her income!

Westland, MI |

This woman keeps this poor lady at her home just to collect her Social Sec. Income and Pention, yet NOT ONE Elder abuse unit or department will help her. What can I do? This poor woman needs to be in a hospital too.

Attorney Answers 3


Your her power of attorney, change the address that for the checks and have them mailed to you. Then deposit the checks into the woman's account. You are the woman's power of attorney, have her put in the hospital. You can move her.

None of the above information is intended to constitute legal advice; rather it is intended to give the consumer sufficient information to determine whether or not they should consult an attorney regarding their legal matter.

Mark as helpful

6 lawyers agree


Agree... use the POA to redirect the income!

This is not legal advice. I am not your lawyer. You are not my client. You cannot rely on my response to your question. My response to your question is probably worth exactly what you paid for it. You don't get to sue me for anything. If you'd like to sue me, well you have to hire me first.

Mark as helpful

6 lawyers agree


If the POA is currently effective, then you should use it to take charge of her income. If POA is not currently effective, then you should have a qualified attorney review it and your options for either making it effective, or initiating probate action for appointment of a Guardian and/or a Conservator

Except for Federal Tax issues, my answers are limited to Michigan law since I am a licensed attorney in the State of Michigan. Moreover, answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics