A woman has taken in an incompetent elderly victim, that I have P.O.A. 4.Adult P.S. do nothing. She is taking ALL of her income!

Asked 9 months ago - Westland, MI

This woman keeps this poor lady at her home just to collect her Social Sec. Income and Pention, yet NOT ONE Elder abuse unit or department will help her. What can I do? This poor woman needs to be in a hospital too.

1. David L. Carrier

Pro

6

Answered . Agree... use the POA to redirect the income!

2. Thomas A. Doyle

5

Answered . If the POA is currently effective, then you should use it to take charge of her income. If POA is not currently effective, then you should have a qualified attorney review it and your options for either making it effective, or initiating probate action for appointment of a Guardian and/or a Conservator

3. Alfred Fargione

Pro

6

Answered . Your her power of attorney, change the address that for the checks and have them mailed to you. Then deposit the checks into the woman's account. You are the woman's power of attorney, have her put in the hospital. You can move her.