A very heavy vanity mirror fell on top of me in the Hotel Restroom in LA. I have not pursued legal yet. what is my first step

indecent took place about 3-4 months ago. I have not been examined but I definitely have damage to my spinal cord and herniated disks. settlement was talked about at time of injury but I told them my father would discuss with lawyers. I haven't been able to work and I am in so much pain I can barely stand it. The force of the mirror has given me trauma and I am looking to be compensated.

Hopefully, you get well soon. Contact local and qualified personal injury litigation counsel. The delay may be very detrimental to establishing your case. Proving the incident and establishing your loss are necessary elements.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

Contact a personal injury attorney immediately. You do not want to compromise your rights. My office or any other personal injury attorney you may find on here would be more than happy to speak with you.

Keep in mind the lapse in time between the incident and treatment will be an issue. Even if you decide against speaking with an attorney and want to pursue this on your own, you must see a doctor and begin treatment.

You should immediately go to the doctor and get medical treatment first. Then hire a personal injury attorney to represent you. The difficulty now due to the delay in getting to the doctor will be in proving your injuries were caused by the incident. Hopefully, you reported the incident and injuries to hotel management when it happened. Good luck to you.

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. The above answer is for general information only and is based on the information you posted. Every case is fact dependent, so to get a thorough analysis of your situation, you will need to consult face to face with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where the incident took place. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

you have to get medical treatment immediately. you need to contact a local attorney on this site asap. they will direct you and advise you.

I'm assuming that you have already sought medical treatment (which would explain how you know that there has been damage to your spinal and that you have herniated discs). So, your next step now would be to consult with & retain a local personal injury attorney to deal with the hotel & their insurance company, in order to try to get you the compensation that you deserve.

You should contact a personal injury attorney immediately before speaking with the hotel or their insurance company. Time limitations may bar your claims so you should do this as soon as possible.

Contact me at (310) 917-1024 for a free consultation and case evaluation. The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement. You should seek the advice of competent counsel before taking any action related to your inquiry.

Immediately after the mirror fell out of the wall (imagine a giant medacine cabinet) I phoned the manager and immediatly had them create a detailed incident report. There were a handful of men in my room emediately taking pictures and asking me if I was ok... They offered to compensate for my entire stay but I told them I still needed to speak with my father. I let them know that I felt ok but My father didn't want me to talk to anyone until he could talk to his laywers.. That scared them shitless... And although I'm not a greedy person, I don't think it is fair that I have to suffer bc the construction worker was too lazy to install a proper wire backing... anyways, how do I know if a laywer is gonna be a good fit or just a another woodpecker>

o wow... pardon my spelling haha

Well i can't believe you are in so much pain and have not gotten yourself to a doctor! You may be doing additional harm to yourself by not seeking treatment. Get to your family doctor right away and ask them to refer you to orthopedic and neurological doctors for evaluation. You will also need to have x-rays, and maybe an MRI and electrodiagnostic testing to see what might be causing the pain, numbness and tingling.
You also need to immediately seek the advise and representation of an experienced premises liabilty/personal injury lawyer to handle your claim and advise you on how to proceed. You need to move forward ASAP in order to help yourself get better!

Legal disclaimer:This message does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any statements are made for general informational purposes and do not constitute legal advice. No attorney-client privilege is created by this communication. Attorney is licensed in California only.

Sorry to hear about your injuries. Sounds like you have a good case that need proper investigation & handling by a local personal injury attorney. Your injuries sound severe & you will need to be compensation for your medical bills; lost wages; and pain & suffering. Do not give any statements to any claims representatives etc. Most personal injury attorneys like myself give free initial consultations. Consult with an attorney immediately!!

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

Get medical attention, and then call one of the personal injury lawyers in your state who answered above to investigate.

get your medical treatment underway, if haven't already. Consult with and retain an attorney to handle this matter.

If a person suffers harm because of the negligence of another, said victim needs to do the following: First - immediately get medical attention. Second - hire a personal injury attorney. We personal injury type lawyers offer free consultations and take cases on a contingent (meaning our client does not pay unless he or she "wins" money).

That said, when someone is really injured, he or she probably doesn't need to be reminded to see a doctor right away - that's how juries see it, by the way. The longer a person waits to see a doctor, the less likely a juror will be a believer of "pain." Thus, delayed medical care can hurt a case. However, such a case may still have merit and value and such a victim should seek legal counsel right after getting that delayed medical attention.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
Fransen & Molinaro, LLP
980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206
Corona, CA 92879
(951)520-9684
www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com

"When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.
** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D. ... Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker... Fransen & Molinaro, LLP... 980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206... Corona, CA 92879... (951)520-9684... www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com... "When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW." ... * This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy... ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.