A US citizen living working outside the US get marry outside the US. Can he bring his wife for a month on Visiting visa?

Asked 4 months ago - New York, NY

I'm living , working in Pakistan and want to get marry and visit US with my wife for a month trip and going back and stay in Pakistan. Can I file visiting visa for her? or do I have to go through filing other things, As we are not planning to stay in US.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

20

Answered . She can apply for a visitors visa, but she must demonstrate that she does not intend to remain in the U.S. beyond the time of her visit.

Please see

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . the wife would be in the same position like everyone else - proving nonimmigrant intent to get the visitor's visa.