A unwed parent has died their are 5 children left in this world My name is only on two of the birth certificates can i take them

Clarksville, TN |

My girlfriend and I have 5 children I only signed my name on two of the children's birth certificates her family is saying no do I have rights to take all the children or only two me and the mom never married were not living in the same house hold and even have domestic violence between us both.

1. You are in a tough spot. You are the "presumed father" to 2 of the kids. You are not yet the legal father to any of them. Without marriage, there needs to be a court order for you to have legal rights. If you want your kids, you need to hire an attorney and file a custody petition.

Please note that my answering this question, does not, in any way, mean I represent you for this, or any other case. You need to seek that actual face-to-face advice of any attorney in your area who can further explain the law as it applies to your case.