A truck made a left turn on the green light so he says, it turned red but he was stuck because he saw pedestrians illegally walk

Palm Springs, CA |

I was coming through the intersection at night and did not see his gray truck because he headlights were turned to the left, by time i saw him I swerved right and hit his truck trying to avoid a head on. He says he saw my car coming, there were no other cars around and i don't know why he didn't back up or get out of the intersection. I think he turned into the intersection on a red as I saw no pedestrians but no way to prove it without witnesses.

1. What is the question? If you were injured, consult with an experienced CA personal injury attorney ASAP.

2. City will have sequence for lights at intersection. May help resolve factual issues. Also possible there was a camera at intersection or nearby businesses.

3. What is your question? If you have insurance turn the matter over to your insurance to resolve. If you were injured, consult with a personal injury attorney without delay. Use the Avvo "Find a Lawyer" tool bar above to search for personal injury attorneys.

This information is not intended as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship between you and any attorney. Such information is intended for general informational purposes only.

4. Not sure what your question is--are you injured? Not sure if you have a case? A lot of firms, including mine, will give you a free consultation.

5. From the facts you provide, the truck driver bears the majority if not all of the legal responsibility for this accident. California Vehicle Code 21801(a) states: "The driver of a vehicle intending to turn to the left or to complete a U-turn upon a highway, or to turn left into public or private property, or an alley, shall yield the right-of-way to all vehicles approaching from the opposite direction which are close enough to constitute a hazard at any time during the turning movement, and shall continue to yield the right-of-way to the approaching vehicles until the left turn or U-turn can be made with reasonable safety." Our office routinely handles left hand turn accident and injury claims. If you would like to speak with us further, give us a call. Consultations are free.

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. Attorney will take no action on your behalf unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery. Any testimonials or endorsements should not be construed as a guarantee, warranty or prediction of the outcome of your case.

6. If he was coming straight approaching the intersection to make his turn, and ran the red, I wonder why you didn't see him do that? I understand you might not have seen him if he was turned partially with headlights pointing away, waiting for pedestrians. So far, I like his version. For what it is worth.

7. If you were injured, have a local personal injury lawyer investigate

8. For injuries sustained you should seek medical attention and proper follow up treatment to give yourself the best opportunity to recover. If you have not contacted an attorney regarding your case, I would strongly recommend you do so soon. While there is no obligation to settle soon, having a lawyer handle your case, coordinate documents, and organize your case is invaluable while you go through recovery. I work throughout California and offer free consultations to help victims of car accidents understand their rights moving forward. I wish you the best of luck.

9. Consult a local personal injury attorney to assist you sort out this claim

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.