A tree on my property has branches over my neighbors house. Neighbor wants the branches trimmed. Do I have to pay?

Asked over 4 years ago - Deerfield, IL

The trunk for the tree is on my property (just barely). I am happy to allow the neighbor to trim the tree all they want, but since it's not my house and it's far from my property line, I don't feel like I should have to pay for it.
Is it my responsibility or is it theirs?

1. James S. Tupitza

Answered . There are numerous posts on this site about trees. Let me summarize for you. He can cut the tree to the property line at his own expense. You don't have any responsibility to pay. Search this site for more details.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Responses are based solely on Pennsylvania law unless stated otherwise.
    James S. Tupitza
    212 W. Gay Street
    West Chester, PA 19380
    610-696-2600