A stripper filed a charge against me for propositioning her for sex in exchange for a favor to erase a debt. Can I be charged?

Georgetown, KY |
Filed under: Criminal defense

I use to work at a loan center. She came in and said she would pay it off with an hour in the VIP room. A few weeks later I changed jobs. I saw the former customer and talked to her and was joking around with her about it. Later I get a call from the police saying she filed a complaint. The complaint was I propositioned her for sex in exchange for sex. She said that I tricked her into thinking I was still employed there (which I didn't) and that I offered to "make her loan vanish" (which I didn't). I think she is trying to get out of paying her loan back, I discovered her account is past due. What kind of trouble can I get into if she says these things and I can't prove it, there were no witnesses. Her word verse mine.

"The complaint was I propositioned her for sex in exchange to erase her loan. " typo I saw her out in public, I didn't track her down or go to her place of employment. The police called and I told them, I didn't not say those things and that she offered me the vip room thing but I told her I didn't go to those places, they weren't worth the money.

1. Your question is "can you be charged" yet you say the police said she filed a complaint. I'm confused. Have you been arrested? Have you been cited with a criminal complaint? Are the police simply acting on a citizen's complaint filed with their office and doing an investigation?

Anyone can be charged with anything if they file a criminal complaint and the prosecutor appoves the affidavit for prosecution. From this little information, this case will be hard to prove. If you are worried, contact a competent criminal defense attorney in your area for advice.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

2. Factual situations like this are why we have jury trials. The prosecution has to prove the case beyond all reasonable doubt you do not have to prove anything. The jury will have to find her credible and believable for you to be conviction. Retain experienced criminal defense counsel to protect your interest.

My response to your question is a generic response and should not be construed as controlling to your case. I can not effectively advise about your case without knowing all the facts. Additionally, my response does not create an attorney-client relationship. You can contact my office to schedule an appointment if you would like to have me represent you.