Skip to main content

A resident of my apt complex was deported.

Kent, WA |

What do I do with his cars and the stuff in his apartment. I know to put an abandment notice on the door for 45 days. Is there anything else I can do. I'd hate to junk his cars.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Legally, you can get the vehicles towed and impounded, assuming that you are the apartment manager and have posted notices in the parking lot. Of course, as you point out, the cars may ultimately be junked when they go unclaimed.

Where did the resident get deported to? Can you reach him through next of kin via telephone or e-mail? Maybe he will have some specific desires as to what to do with the vehicles?

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer