A recruitment me sent me to collections for recruitment and filing fees for an employment that I never got

Asked about 1 year ago - Frederick, MD

I never received my green card visa (filed on 2007 and is retrogressed) from that employer, I did not sign an agreement with this recruitment agency. I am here in the United States now because another employer sponsored an H1B for me. How can I stop them from collecting and ruining my credit score?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Lynn Marie O'Brien

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . This is not a question of US immigration law.

    Contact me at lobrien@ornerobrien.com or at 240-395-1506. This response is provided for informational purposes.... more
  2. Anu Gupta


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Suggest you speak with a credit counselor or employment law attorney. This is not an immigration issue.

    Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit www.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,299 answers this week

3,104 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,299 answers this week

3,104 attorneys answering