A pre-indictment letter showed up in the mail. It says the government wants to talk to me to decide if they want to decline

Seagoville, TX |

prosecution or not. It also says that I am required to bring an attorney for some reason. I am confused. What is this about?

Your category questions are confusing. You have listed several different areas of law while addressing what appears to be a criminal issue as to a pre-indictment. However, this is something you absolutely want to retain an attorney for as anything you say to the government attorneys may be used against you. It is important for that attorney to be present and fully aware of all the facts and circumstances of the case in order to flag potential questions that could be used against you. But it is important to obtain an attorney in the proper practice area and your question and categories make it impossible to determine whom that would be.