Skip to main content

A phone co. charged me extra money for a phone they gave me for free. They've altered my account and I have proof they have lied

Boston, MA |

They claim I've agreed to pay for the phone. When I deny it and ask to hear the recording to prove it, they tell me they cannot allow customers to hear their own phone conversations. They continuously shuts off my phone and I have to dispute those charges. They put me in a payment agreement for a mistake they made months ago. They have charged me additional money during this payment arrangement. I ask for a Manager or Supervisor and they keep giving me reps that cannot help me. They have sent me conflicting emails and i have names and badge numbers of reps I've dealt with. They refuse to go back to phone conversations and review them with me. My bank statements shows payments they are not acknowledging. When I try to explain they become frustrated, they have bad customer srv., skills.

Attorney Answers 2


Try this, filing a complaint with state Dept. of Telecommunications and Cable.

Outside government, file a complaint with Better Business Bureau.

To questioners from West Virginia & New York: Although I am licensed to practice in your state, I practice on a day-to-day basis in Massachusetts. I answer questions in your state in areas of the law in which I practice, and in which I feel comfortable trying to offer you assistance based on my knowledge of specific statutes in your state and/or general principles applicable in all states. It is always best, however, to work with attorneys and court personnel in your own area to deal with specific problems and factual situations.

Mark as helpful


You might also contact the Attorney General's Consumer Protection Division for assistance.

The foregoing is for general information purposes and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics