A Phone call this morning informend me that I won 4.5 Million dollars and a new car from P.C.H.I need legal advice on how to fin

Washington Court House, OH |

The caller told me I only have to pay a part of the tax to the irs 2,255.00 and a sponser would help with the rest.Thank you

This sounds like a scam to me. Do not give any money to anyone.

I hope that this information is helpful to you. If so, please mark it as "helpful" or "best answer." The information provided here is general in nature and is not to be considered legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is intended nor created. As an Ohio attorney not licensed in any other jurisdiction, any information provided here is solely based on Ohio law and general legal principles. The information provided here should not be put into practice without specifically consulting an attorney in your jurisdiction. Do not proceed without first discussing this matter with your own local attorney.

I agree with my colleague. It sounds like a scam. Do not pay out any money or give out any vital information without completely investigating the veracity of this notice/offer.

Legal disclaimer: DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged and/or wherein the legal issue arises; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State in which your particular issue has arisen.

Be very careful as this has many markings of a scam. Do not pay or sign anything or give anyone money until you have consulted with an attorney. If you receive formal written notice of your winning and really feel this may be legitimate, still consult with an attorney immediately before signing anything or committing money anywhere. You will want a good attorney to advise you regarding any winnings, tax implications, and protecting yourself. If the communications are all by phone and they are putting pressure on you to put up money or pay money up front, you are likely being targeted by a scam artist and you should contact the Ohio Attorney General's office.

Paul Ray Aker

Paul Ray Aker

I have no doubt this is a scam. I would block the number and notify the Attorney General. Sadly, I have seen far too many people hurt by these types of schemes.

I am as certain this is a scam as I am the sun appears to you from the east and disappears to you from the west.

No reputable contest seeks to have you pay up front for taxes, let alone a portion of the taxes, with a sponsor to cover the rest. Sheesh Louise, it's creative and all, making someone think they are getting even more for nothing than they already are. falls into the little lie, bigger lie category.

I repeat. You have NOT won a large prize from PCH or anyone else if they are asking you for money. Just think it through. They are claiming to be holding 4.5 million and a car, but first they need you to cut a check before you get a check?

Please, please, please do not fall for that.