A personal injury insurance person is coming to my house. What to do????

Asked 11 months ago - Machias, ME

A personal injury insurance person is coming to my house soon to talk about my injuries in a accident which I was hit from behind while stopped waiting for someone to finish turning. I went to the ER the next day all is fine but I am still really sore from the neck down & it has been a week now & still having pain from the accident. Not including anxiety,stress etc. Not sure if I need to contact a lawyer? Please advise!

1. C. Donald Briggs III

Pro

8

1

Best Answer

Answered . Yes you should. You can be sure that the person coming to see you is only going to be interested in protecting the insurance company. They are not there to help you. Do not allow them to obtain a recorded statement from them and do not sign an authorization so they can get your medical records. Before they come, you should call and speak with an experienced Maine personal injury attorney. You should also go see your doctor if you are still having the kind of pain you describe.

2. Merry Melinda Fountain

Pro

8

1

Answered . You are correct to be suspicious of the insurance company adjuster's motives for coming to your house. Remember, they work for the other driver's insurance company, not for you. Yes, you should contact a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible and obtain a consultation before you let the insurance adjuster come. You are still having pain and may require more medical treatment. You have not been fully diagnosed and treated yet. Call a personal injury attorney in Maine for a consultation - most initial consultations are free.

3. Andrew Lawrence Weitz

Pro

8

1

Answered . Unless there is some crazy law in Maine that imposes upon you a duty to speak to the other carrier's investigator, why are you going to do so? Cancel the meeting and retain a personal injury lawyer immediately! And do not delay in going to the ER or to your doctor to address your injuries.

Pro

8

1

Answered . Don't say a single solitary word without first retaining a local Machias personal injury lawyer

5. Kevin Coluccio

7

1

Answered . Consult with an attorney, prior to talking with the insurance person.

6. Christopher John Gansen

Pro

7

Answered . You should contact a lawyer. You don't have to speak to this insurance rep., and you should not do so alone because it will likely only hurt your case down the line. A good lawyer will also hopefully be able to help you get further treatment, which it sounds like you need. All the best.