A person told me that I was going to be federal indicted?I dont know what this means nor committed a crime,I have no record.

Asked almost 4 years ago - Rock Springs, WY

I feel like this person is trying to get a rise out of me and start problems at my work place.I dont break laws or commit them so I am sure that this must be hogwash.I dont know what it means to be Indicted or how the federal sytem works but I would think that what my co-worker is saying about me would be crossing some kind of lines.

What does indicted mean?how is one indicted and what information could I use in my defense to end the immature situation.my co-worker approched me with this false concern for my well being and said that we needed to talk,I agreed with confusion."I heard you are going to be indicted on pending drug charges and thought I would give you a heads up""watch your back and watch who you deal with"In my response I said that there was no reason to watch anything because I dont have a record nor do I commit crimes.then he went on with the "he said she said".I started to become angry with his childish behavior then realized that he was saying this for the sole purpose.If I had solid legal information I would end it with proof that it is impossible and what he is saying could have serious repercussions.

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . Accusing you of being a criminal when you are not one is hostile and if your bosses do not put a stop to it they should be ashamed. If they let a hostile workplace fester then you can sue them for it if you are fired. The co-worker, if he is causing you loss of reputation or costs you your job, can be sued for defamation if he has called you a criminal.

Far too many variables exist in the short post you wrote for any further observation by me. Many attorneys have information posted here on Avvo.

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "How to Choose A Lawyer For You"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/how-to-cho...

You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/what-do-i-...

No one can know what the record is in the case because online. You need a lawyer. Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This observation is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. This observation is not like a communication with a lawyer with whom you have an attorney-client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides.

2. John Leif Fossum

Pro

Answered . An indictment is issued by a grand jury, grand jury proceedings are secret and their deliberations carefully guarded. It would be impossible to guess what this person is talking about or what information they really have. If you have any reason to believe they are telling the truth, you should contact a good criminal defense lawyer in your area as soon as possible. This response is not legal advice and is offered for informational purposes only.

3. Johnny Ramirez Castaneda

Answered . An indictment means that you have been formally charged with a crime by the Prosecution.

PLEASE NOTE: THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes on a general website comment page only. Actual legal advice from this office can only be provided after consultation directly with an attorney from our office. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation.

4. Richard H. Goolsby

Pro

Answered . As my colleague indicated, to be federally indicted would mean that a federal prosecutor has presented a proposed indictment to a federal grand jury and that the grand jury has determined that probable cause exists for the indictment to be returned. It sounds like you should consult with an attorney in your area about all the issues which you have raised here. Good luck!