A PERSON ORDERED THINGS ONLINE AND PAID BUT THE 3RD PARTY DIDNT PAY SHIPPING COSTS AND I GET STUCK WITH IT. WHAT DO I DO?

Ozark, AL |

A FRIEND ORDERED TVS AS A GIFT FOR A CONTRACT JOBS GIVEN TO HIM AND PAID FOR THEM BY HIS CREDIT CARD. ONE DAMAGED BY FED EX. THE 3RD PARTY WHO SHOULD HAVE PAID SHIPPING TO MEXICO DID NOT AND NOW I GET STUCK WITH THE BILL. cAN I DO SOMETHING TO CLEAR THIS UP?

1. If you had a written agreement you could enforce or an oral agreement you could prove in small claims court.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.

Business topics