A notice from the DMV office was sent to an address that was not listed on the driver's license.

Asked about 1 year ago - Grand Junction, CO

Can a hearing still be scheduled even if the 7 day period has gone by by only a single day? Why would the information be sent to somewhere other than the address listed on the license? A change of address was never submitted through the dmv.

1. Christopher Daniel Leroi

Pro

8

Best Answer

Answered . Definitely ask for a hearing and explain the problem. No offense, but you are dealing with DMV. I was friends with one of the heads of DMV for years and he even acknowledged that they do not employ rocket scientists because of their poor budget. So, addresses do get screwed up and people do not get proper and prompt notice. Just ask as soon as possible.

2. Daniel Nelson Deasy

8

Answered . I have encountered this precise situation and when I took the time to write DMV and explain the situation, we received our hearing.

Good luck!

3. Kent Joseph Leier

6

Answered . You still need to request a hearing. If you need assistance on the Western Slope I would recommend contacting Luna Law in Delta.

4. Ethan Patrick Meaney

Pro

3

Answered . Don't delay. Ask for the hearing and explain the tardiness at the hearing. Certainly should be a valid reason for the delay. Good luck.

5. Eric A Sunness

Pro

1

Answered . You should
    contact the DMV to explain the situation and request the hearing as soon as possible.