A motorcycle repair shop didnt do what I asked them to do AND are overcharging me! How do I just get my bike back the way it was

Asked over 1 year ago - Philadelphia, PA

I brought my bike to this shop, dropped off parts for it, they took a month and nothing got done. I asked them where it was and just to get it back to me and Ill do it myself, It finally gets shipped back (from somewhere dude said "oh im going there anyway, they work on harleys, ill call you before they do anything" but then charged me to drop it off and pick it up!), didnt have any parts I bought myself and dropped off to the shop. They used different, more expensive parts and charged me $500 just in labor! I asked him to take off the wire harness and push button starter and just give it back to me the way it was. How am I screwed and stuck with a 1200 bill for doing something I didnt ask for and with more expensive parts than what I dropped off?! His
"worse case" was supposed to be$1000

1. Robert C. Keller

1

Answered . You can make a written demand for an appropriate resolution and if that does not work you should retain an attorney. Good luck.

2. Joseph A Mullaney III

1

Answered . What rights a buyer and seller/servicer have depend on the verifiable agreements that were made. When a buyer does not insist on a signed, written contract BEFORE giving money to a seller/servicer, the buyer completely carries the burden to prove that there was a contract, that terms were agreed to, and that the seller/servicer breached the agreement.

Generally, he said/he saids do not carry the day. Nevertheless, there are good Consumer Rights Attorneys who can give you advice based on the facts of your matter and determine what rights you have, if any.

3. Scott Richard Kaufman

1

Answered . Get a low or no fee consultation with William Bensley in PHILLY. He's top notch. Tell him I sent you.