A man from Europe recorded my girlfriend naked on skype and is now threatening to post the video on facebook. What should we do?

Charlotte, NC |

She is in Tennesee. Under the age of 18. The European man is over 18. I believe he lives in France but am not sure. He pretended to be a model agent and met her on the social cam site She has seen his face but he says he uses bots or something to post stuff online so he doesn't get caught. We're not sure of his real name but we do know he has a facebook account because he uses it to threaten my girlfriend almost daily.

I'd suggest contacting the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3), which is a multi-agency task force made up by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the National White Collar Crime Center, and the Bureau of Justice Assistance. The website for the IC3 is One of the things that the IC3 investigates is online extortion, which is what it sounds like your girlfriend is experiencing here.

Will Montague

The information provided here is general in nature, is not legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship with Will Montague or Montague Law PLLC.

Thank you very much Mr. Montague.

Civil rights topics

Recommended articles about Civil rights