A legal claimant service claims they have found bonds in my deceased fathers name, a $700 fee for recovery.... sound legit?

Asked over 2 years ago - Meadville, PA

Claimant service says it will pay costs and expenses excluding taxes and fiduciary comissions, to recover. May cancel agreement at any time without penalty or obligation, within 3 days of the date which I execute the agreement.

1. Timothy Patrick Brennan

Pro

3

Answered . Take a look at the State Treasury website first. Often you find items there that have been unclaimed. I recently made a transfer there and it only requires a few papers.

http://www.patreasury.gov/Unclaimed/Search.html

2. Robert V Cornish Jr.

2

Answered . The PA website and links to those of other states, Puerto Rico and Canada may be found at www.naupa.org.

While a service such as this may be legitimate, the states generally require some affirmative documentation that you are entitled to recover the funds, plus a death certificate and account documentation if you can find it.