A lawyer told me I cannot be convicted of a battery charge only by the claims made by a so called "victim" and their "witness"

Orlando, FL |

Someone who Ive never met made a bogus allegation for an unknown reason.They made a false statement to police claiming I hit her.I dont know this person and so what could be the motive? I was arrested even though they have no injuries. A lawyer told me I cannot be convicted of a battery charge only by the claims made by a so called "victim" and their "witnesses" because their claim is not proof of anything and the state has to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt this occurred . Is that correct ?

Sworn testimony can constitute proof beyond a reasonable doubt. wwwBryceFetter.com

There is no attorney in the AVVO cumminuty that will tell you whether or not you will be convicted or acquitted. What we can tell you is the likelihood of such results, as none of us have a crystal ball that allows us to guarantee results.

People are often convicted on the testimony of just one person that testifies credibly against them.

You need legal counsel.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

All it takes is for the jury to believe her more than you, and to agree that the prosecutor has proven the case beyond a reasonable doubt. Hire an attorney and quite listening to ...

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

Harry Edward Hudson Jr

Harry Edward Hudson Jr

No competent criminal attorney is ever going to say "beyond a shadow of a doubt" . That is not the law.

Barry Franklin Poulson

Barry Franklin Poulson

Did hear it from one prosecutor... LoL

Your lawyer's words, if you repeated them
correctly, was an expression of his opinion. You should sot down
with your lawyer and discuss it some more.

http://defendme.net | For confidential answers on Florida law, call 1.877.452.9457. Attorney James Regan, LL.M, Esq., is a Florida lawyer answering questions pro bono. Answering these consumer questions based on limited and unverified facts does not create an attorney-client relationship. Being posted on the internet, these questions and answers are not confidential. For confidential answers on Florida law, call 1.800.452.9357.

Violent crime topics