A lady came on my property intoxicated would not leave she spit on me so i hit her in face...leaving few bruises...?

Asked about 2 years ago - Warsaw, IN

prosecutor is charging me which i cant believe considering she spit on me and was on my property and have had documents of previuos incidents w her. i am not on probation. i do have a recod a class c felony and a class d felony from about five years ago completed probation well and been off for over a yr and a half what do you think will come out of this is it worth geting an attorney and why didnt they get her for assual i pressed charges as well????

1. Torrey James Bauer

1

1

Answered . In Indiana spitting on someone contstitutes battery by bodily waste and will likely be charged as a misdemeanor. If you are charged it would be wise under the circumstances to retain a lawyer. No answer as to why she was not charged. The prosecutor has a great deal of discretion who he does and does not charge with a criminal offense. Often they rely upon the recommendation of the law enforcemnt officer who filed the report.

2. Paul Stanko

Pro

1

Answered . You do need a lawyer. If you end up with a conviction of battery, it will impact your future job prospects and will reflect badly on your character. You should NEVER try to defend yourself in a criminal case. The complainant's trespass onto your property and battery upon you (by spitting on you) provide an obvious justification for your use of reasonable force to defend yourself and your property. A lawyer can raise these defenses for you.

3. John D Barrett

1

Answered . For the first time, I agree with Mr. Bauer. You may want to consider calling me for a free consultation.

4. Marcelino Gustav Lopez

Pro

Answered . You do need an attorney. You have a possible case for "self defense." Some counties require you to advise the prosecutor's office of possible defenses prior to the trial date. Please consult with a knowledgeable attorney so that you do not end up with a conviction when you were just defending yourself and your property.

5. Bryce Aric Fetter

2

Answered . Next time call the cops. Don't ever hit a lady in the face. You need an attorney. They didn't get her because you didn't have any bruises. Because she didn't hit you in the face. www.BryceFetter.com