A LA County CA Superior Court Family Law court order must be signed by the judge within how many days of the hearing?

Riverside, CA |
Filed under: Family law

If the judge fail to do so, the what are the options. If any?

I am not aware of any time limits on such an administrative act.the courts are operating with limited stargf l and severely limited funds. It may take awhile to get in administrativeactions accomplished.

All of Ms. Straus’ responses to questions posted on Avvo are intended as helpful information based upon the facts stated in the question, and are not to be relied upon as a final legal opinion. It may not be what you wished to hear, and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Straus is licensed to practice law in California. Ms. Straus provides “unbundled” services if you need specific assistance with a specific issue. I can be contacted if you put my name or Bar number, 110028, in the State Bar web site, or you can find me on LinkedIn or Google. Goggle E. Carroll Straus. If i seem right, proceed accordingly.

I agree, I am not aware of any requirement that an order be signed within a certain amount of day. That said, if the Court took the matter under submission, then the Court has 90 days to prepare and serve the order on the parties.

The general rule is that all California judges must act on matters that are "under submission" within 90 days. Whether your matter is "under submissions" is not clear. For one thing, it is common - but not required - for judges to order one of the parties to prepare an order, allow the other side to review and object, and then submit it to the court for signature. In your case, is there already a proposed order prepared by one of the parties or by the judge, and all that awaits is a signature/

This law firm handles appeals in all appellate courts throughout California, except bankruptcy, unemployment and workers comp appeals. Nothing contained in this communication is intended to be, or shall be deemed to be, legal advice, counsel, or services to you or on behalf of you or any other person or any entity. Use of the Avvo website does not create any obligation or relationship between you and the Law Office of Herb Fox, including but not limited to, an attorney-client relationship. Further, the communications on this website between you and the Law Office of Herb Fox is not privileged or confidential, and you should not post any information that you intend to keep confidential. Finally, your situation may be governed by legal deadlines, and you may lose your rights if you do not or did not act within those deadlines. You are solely responsible for meeting those deadlines until and unless you retain an attorney.