A key immigration law is pending for illegal immigrants...!!!

Asked about 1 year ago - Rockwall, TX

I heard from my friends and colleagues that there is a key immigration bill to pass. They were saying that the law is about "if people entered into USA before Dec 2011 and are of out of VISA status, then they will be legalized", Is that true ? My question might not make sense but out of curiosity reaching you all legal experts :-)

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

16

Answered . The bill is currently pending in the Senate.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Juan Paolo Pasia Sarmiento

9

Answered . The law hasn't passed yet. It's currently with the Senate, with debates starting this June 10. Some say it will pass by the end of the summer. And some say Dec 2011 is a key date. We won't know the exact terms of the law until it passes. Anything to this point is all speculation. I also doubt it will be that comprehensive (i.e. "all who came before Dec 2011 will be legalized). I'm sure there will be far more restrictive terms and conditions that have to be met (qualifying relatives etc.) for people to qualify. We'll see. Of course I wish it's that comprehensive.

JP Sarmiento
    FREE CONSULTATIONS
    (216) 573-3712
    jp@sarmientoimmigration.com
    www.sarmientoimmigration.com

3. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

6

Answered . There has been no change in the law yet. Bills are being considered by Congress.

4. Gintare Grigaite

6

Answered . Yes, the comprehensive immigration law is approaching, and will be voted by the Senate this month. Part of this bill deals with the legalization of the illegal immigrants currently in the United States. As for the date that they would have to show presence in the United States, there is no final answer to that, because the bill has not been passed yet.

5. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.