A key immigration law is pending for illegal immigrants...!!!

Rockwall, TX |

I heard from my friends and colleagues that there is a key immigration bill to pass. They were saying that the law is about "if people entered into USA before Dec 2011 and are of out of VISA status, then they will be legalized", Is that true ? My question might not make sense but out of curiosity reaching you all legal experts :-)

The law hasn't passed yet. It's currently with the Senate, with debates starting this June 10. Some say it will pass by the end of the summer. And some say Dec 2011 is a key date. We won't know the exact terms of the law until it passes. Anything to this point is all speculation. I also doubt it will be that comprehensive (i.e. "all who came before Dec 2011 will be legalized). I'm sure there will be far more restrictive terms and conditions that have to be met (qualifying relatives etc.) for people to qualify. We'll see. Of course I wish it's that comprehensive.

JP Sarmiento
(216) 573-3712

There has been no change in the law yet. Bills are being considered by Congress.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

The bill is currently pending in the Senate.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Yes, the comprehensive immigration law is approaching, and will be voted by the Senate this month. Part of this bill deals with the legalization of the illegal immigrants currently in the United States. As for the date that they would have to show presence in the United States, there is no final answer to that, because the bill has not been passed yet.

Contact immigration lawyer Gintare Grigaite, Esq. of Grigaite & Abdelsayed, LLC at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey, for a consultation about your immigration case. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.

I agree with my colleagues.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

Recommended articles about Immigration