A Judge won't sign an "Order to Show Cause", and won't give approval to proceed by "Notice of Motion" what recourse do I have?

Asked about 1 year ago - New York, NY

Part Rules for the part I'm dealing with state:
"All motions are required to be brought by Order to Show Cause, unless authorization to proceed by Notice of Motion is obtained from
the court prior to filing."

Thing is this Judge has denied three Orders to Show Cause, and chances are he will not grant "authorization to proceed by Notice of Motion".

What recourse do I have?

1. Paul Karl Siepmann

Pro

3

1

Answered . Before you proceed, you need something better than "chances are he will not grant..." If you can't get approval for your Notice of Motion and he won't sign the OTSC, your only option is to bring it to an Appellate Division Justice, which is not something I'd contemplate pro se.

2. Daniel H. Richland

2

Answered . Speak to an attorney with the specific facts and circumstances of your matter.

3. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

2

Answered . Speak with a local lawyer who regularly appears before the judge your are in front of. Time to retain an attorney to help you draft the necessary OTSC.

4. Eric Edward Rothstein

Answered . You cannot appeal from the refusal to sign an Order to Show Cause. However, a Judge cannot prevent you from filing a motion. I would see if the Clerk will accept it. Is this something you can work out in a conference.