A job was denied because of a failed background check when there was actually nothing on the background report.

Austin, TX |

We requested the background check report and it had nothing on it. Do we have any further legal recourse other than the apology we have received? Thanks for your help.

Employers have the right to hire, or not hire, for any reason except illegal discrimination. They owed you no right to hire you regardless of the reason.

Although I have answered the question to try to help you, you should consult with a lawyer in your area in person on the matter. In addition, my answer does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us.

The reason given for not offering the job was a failed background check when that was not true.

To clarify - the job was offered, and then the offer rescinded based on the failed background check.

Recommended articles about Employment