A insurance company denied my claim when there insured plainly caused the auto accident he stated he felt he had ample time

Asked over 1 year ago - Rome, GA

i was traveling south when a 1995 pick up truck pulled out in front of me he pulled out of a parking lot onto a two lane black top rd. he stated he felt he had ample time to pull out into the flow of on coming traffic he was cited for failure to yeild no contributing factors on my behalf the adjuster denied my claim stateing both parties were at fault i was injured but did not go to er.my car is totleled my legal question is how can they deny me when it was their insureds fault i only carry no fault is there anything i can do to have them pay for damages to my automobileim not trying to file suet only want the damages fixed im disabled so my income is of no help can someone please help me with this matter you may call me at 706-295-0832 anytime im trying to find what reasons they can deny

1. Glen Edward Ashman

Pro

6

Answered . When you choose to represent yourself in an accident, you make a huge mistake. Insurance companies willl almopst always deny you or underpay when you make that mistake. Get a local personal injury attorney immediately.

2. L. Ty Wilson

Pro

4

Answered . It sounds as if you did not go to traffic court to make sure the other driver plead guilty. The other driver probably had the ticket reduced or dismissed as a result, there is no legal liability unless you decided to file suit and prove otherwise.

Call a personal injury attorney in your area and they can help answer specific questions as it relates to your claim.

Ty

This response is for general information only, no attorney client privilege has been established by this communication.
  3. Robert G. Rothstein

4

Answered . Since we don't have no-fault ins. In Ga. I am going on the assumption that only have the minimum State required liability insurance, which does not include comprehensive coverage for uour vehicle or other coverages. If you did, then your insurance co. would fix your car, minus your deductible, and they would sue the other driver to get their money back. That said, if you we're injured (and still are) you need to get your injuries documented and treated immediately or forget about claiming them. If your only damages are property damages to your car you may want a lawyer or you can sue the other driver in small claims or magistrate court in county where the at fault driver resides without a lawyer up to $15,000.00. Please note this info is for informational purposes only, it creates no attorney client relationship and it applies only to the law in the State of Georgia.

If this answer was helpful to you please mark the box saying so. Good luck.

4. George Costas Andriotis

3

Answered . The other driver should have been cited for violation of right of way based on those facts. You need to consult a personal injury attorney and let them deal with the other driver's insurance. Insurance companies routinely deny claims of people who are unrepresented hoping you will go away. Your attorney will set the record straight, get your auto fixed and get you checked out medically.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  5. Jeffrey Mark Adams

3

Answered . Right or wrong, the are legally entitled to deny claims. Often it's an abuse of power, in my view. Your remedy, if you can't resolve it internally with them, is to sue. This is the reality of the insurance world.

Pro

2

Answered . You should bump up your insurance coverage so you are protected in the future. Retain a local car accident lawyer to investigate.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  7. David Henry Rubin

Answered . The best thing you can do is hire an attorney. Let the experience of an attorney ensure you will be well represented and adequately protected.