A hotel was booked for a 4 days vacation, however, the room the hotel assigned to me smell like a smoking room.

Asked 9 months ago - Orlando, FL

I was told this is a non smoking room, however, I requested to change the rooms 4 times in order to receive a real non smoking room. I took a very cold shower on my birthday. I signed up for a vacation rental tour, and after the presentation I was told to leave instead because I asked questions even though I answered their questions. I was told I could receive either the Magic Kingdom, Universal, or Sea World ticket. I requested the shuttle to wait for me when I was on my way, I was told by the hotel supervisor that the shuttle would stay but it left instead. I was told All You Can Eat Buffet, but it turned out that I can't even grab a bottle of Lemon Tea. I addressed the issue to the Hotel manager, but the hotel manager called the cop to kick me out even I did not cause the disturbances.

I want to know do I have a case to file a lawsuit against the hotel?

1. Paul K. Silverberg

7

Answered . I hope you used a credit card. I would start with credit card company and seek to dispute the charge. They should be supportive.

2. Miguel Amador

6

Answered . You should contact any corporate customer service associated with the hotel if available. You can generally find that information on the hotel website or online. In addition, you can file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau as well as any of the many online websites that provide service ratings for business in the travel industry such as Expedia, Google and Yelp.

Pro

5

Answered . I don't see a question, but it is always prudent to avoid the 'all you can eat buffet'

4. Christopher Robert Dillingham II

2

Answered . No, not unless there was some breach of contract, and you could prove actual damages. The need to take a shower won't do that for you, I'm afraid, and the hotel can eject you at any time it feels you have created a disturbance. I would seek a pro rata refund and avoid that establishment. They seemingly don't want your business.

5. Tatiana Kadetskaya

Answered . A lawsuit may not be a feasible option in this case, but you can certainly dispute the charge the hotel placed on your credit card.