A homeless man violently grabbed my arm. Is this assault? (see details)

Denver, CO |

He had been following me and yelling obscene comments. When I ignored him, he grabbed my arm and yelled, "B*!ch you look at me when I talk to you." A man witnessed this happening and when he ran up, the homeless man fled.

Yes not only assault, but also battery. You should (have) report it to the police.

I will be happy to speak with you at no cost with a FREE phone consultation if you have a San Diego or California matter. Please call my office at 619-238-1905 or visit my website at www.lawofficeofwilliamdaley.com

Denver:
You are either the victim to an assault or harassment. The difference is whether you felt any pain when he grabbed you.

Brandon

It was painful. He yanked me hard enough that I almost fell over.

Brandon Uriah Luna

Brandon Uriah Luna

Then it is an assault. It is a class one misdemeanor. The police would take a report. Good luck.

James A Reed

James A Reed

Is this a person you see very often? If so, not only should you call the police (good advice) but you might want a restraining order as well (you get an automatic one through the criminal case, ask for it to be a no contact order--be aware it will expire at the end of the criminal case--You can seek and here get a civil Order that lasts forever. This fellow sounds like he is a few niy tea short of a whole tune, so take care.

I agree, this is a matter for the police.

Stew Crawford, Jr., Esq.

Crawford Law Firm
A Full Service Law Firm Serving Pennsylvania & New Jersey

Philadelphia Area Office
223 North Monroe Street
Media, Pennsylvania 19063
877-992-6311
www.crawfordlaw.org

E-Mail: crime@subrolaw.us

All information provided in this comment is intended for informational purposes only and does not, by itself, create an attorney client relationship. If you wish to consult with an attorney, or have any questions concerning this comment, please feel free to contact our offices through any of the above contact sources.