A General Magistrate has issued a report and recommendation which allows for child support to be lowered.

Asked over 1 year ago - Orlando, FL

It has been almost two months since the report was filed and the Judge has not signed it. Is there anything that can be done to request a status from the court?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. William Charles Rosenfelt

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I practice in Orlando. Sometimes things simply get lost in the system. I would call the JA's office and see what the status is of the order, etc. You cannot follow up on these things enough. Good luck!

    Bill Rosenfelt 407-462-8787

    Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the... more
  2. Robert Jason De Groot


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Set a status conference.

    R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239
  3. Eileen D. Jacobs

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . First, I would suggest that you check the online docket for your case. If the docket does not show the order, I would contact the magistrate's office to confirm that the report and recommendation was forwarded to the judge's chambers. If the report and recommendation has been forwarded and it is more than 30 days with no signed order, I suggest that you contact the judge's office to follow up. If another 15 days goes by without a signed order, then follow the suggestion of setting a status (or case management) conference.

    The above post is not intended as specific legal advice, since not all pertinent facts are known to the posting attorney. This answer does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship.

    Eileen D. Jacobs, Esq.
    Office: 2505 W. Virginia Avenue
    Tampa, FL 33607
    (813) 877-9600
    Mailing: P.O. Box 14953
    Clearwater, Florida 33766-4953
    (727) 787-6595

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,618 answers this week

3,231 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,618 answers this week

3,231 attorneys answering