A General Magistrate has issued a report and recommendation which allows for child support to be lowered.

Asked over 1 year ago - Orlando, FL

It has been almost two months since the report was filed and the Judge has not signed it. Is there anything that can be done to request a status from the court?

1. 5

Answered . I practice in Orlando. Sometimes things simply get lost in the system. I would call the JA's office and see what the status is of the order, etc. You cannot follow up on these things enough. Good luck!

Bill Rosenfelt 407-462-8787

2. Answered . Set a status conference.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239
  3. Answered . First, I would suggest that you check the online docket for your case. If the docket does not show the order, I would contact the magistrate's office to confirm that the report and recommendation was forwarded to the judge's chambers. If the report and recommendation has been forwarded and it is more than 30 days with no signed order, I suggest that you contact the judge's office to follow up. If another 15 days goes by without a signed order, then follow the suggestion of setting a status (or case management) conference.

The above post is not intended as specific legal advice, since not all pertinent facts are known to the posting attorney. This answer does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship.

Eileen D. Jacobs, Esq.
    Office: 2505 W. Virginia Avenue
    Tampa, FL 33607
    (813) 877-9600
    Mailing: P.O. Box 14953
    Clearwater, Florida 33766-4953
    (727) 787-6595